Sunday, June 22, 2008

My little angel

OK, this is gonna be a bit of a gush, a bit of a self indulgent ramble about how much I absolutely adore my little girl, my little princess! (Although if blogging itself isn't self indulgent I don't know what is!) She is just the most beautiful thing I have even encountered, ever laid eyes on, and I've seen a few beautiful things in my time, let me tell you! Really, it just blows me away how absolutely perfect and wonderful she is, in form, in spirit, in every way. She has eclipsed our lives totally and utterly! Both Mat and I are truly smitten. She has us squarely in the palm of her fat little squishy hand! Those hands!! Is there anything more adorable than the hand of your baby child, those triangular fingers so fat at the base, the softness, so plump she can't even really bend them properly, it's just too adorable for words.

At the moment she is sleeping. So contentedly. She got to sleep fairly easily tonight, it's been a big day, with two lots of lovely visitors to our house to entertain and enlighten her, and not-very-long sleeps throughout the day. She was rubbing her little eyes while I cooked, patiently sitting in her dads arms while I chopped and stirred, and continued to rub while I held her in one arm and added spices and stirred with the other. I just wanted to get our lovely beef stew on the boil so it could simmer and cook away while I lay with my beautiful baby and helped her into her night of rest and rejuvenation. So she can grow. And learn. Those are her two jobs in life really, to grow and to learn, that's all she has to do, and she is doing them very well, thank you very much! She has been doing them since she was born, she's a natural!

She really is such a spritely little thing, she has such a good sense of humour! I just love love love love love (did I mention I love?) the way she will raise her fat little hands to her mouth and giggle away whenever she sees me being silly or doing a funny dance or making a funny face - she makes me do the silliest of things! And I love being silly for her! We laugh together and really share the joy of the moment, our eyes locked and linked in shared happiness, pure exuberance! I find myself doing the craziest of dances, or repeating nonsensical phrases over and over, simply because they elicited a smile or a laugh from my beautiful queen. I used to think she was the princess and I the queen, but no, she is really the queen! She has so much power, she dictates what will happen, when it will happen, how it will happen, and never lets us forget it! And I, joyfully, am her willing subject, her court jester, who will do anything to make her beautiful heart smile, and to see that smile shine out of her gorgeous face.


This is what life is about!

1 comment:

No one said...

It's a bit overwhelming and all-consuming that parental love thing, isn't it? Hehehehe! She is a cutie though!